Best Dog Hiking Gear (What You Should Get to Hit The Trails With Your Best Friend)
When you’re taking your dog hiking, it’s important to have the right gear so they can enjoy the hike. There are a number of essentials you need to have to get them through the hike safely including first aid kits and backpacks. Here is the best dog hiking gear based on customer reviews.
- Best Dog Hiking Gear
- Best Dog Hiking Harness
- Best Dog Leash for Hiking
- Best Dog Hiking Collar
- Best Dog Carrier Backpack for Hiking
- Best Collapsible Bowl
- Best Dog Water Bottle
- Best Dog Booties for Hiking
- Best Dog First Aid Kit for Hiking
- Best Cooling Vest
- Best Dog Poop Bags for Hiking
- Best Dog Treats
1- BEST DOG HIKING HARNESS:
CHAI’S CHOICE PREMIUM OUTDOOR ADVENTURE
This dog hiking harness comes with padded chest and belly straps for comfortable hikes. It has an adjustable fit for smaller to larger dogs, plus a reflective strip for visibility this late at night. With nine colors to choose from, your pup will be strutting their stuff on the trails.
- Stylish Service Dog Harness
- Adjustable Straps
- Ergonomic design
- 3M Reflective Material
2- BEST DOG LEASH FOR HIKING:
TUFF MUTT DUAL HANDLE ROPE DOG LEASH
The durable, weather-resistant rope will keep your dog safe when you go on trails and it also has two comfortable webbed handles with extra padding.
This double handle design gives you enough freedom to walk them, but it also lets them sniff around freely in on-leash hikes.
- Control your dog in high traffic areas
- Your dog won’t pull loose
- Let’s others see you at night
- Walk in comfort
- Lifetime guarantee
3- BEST DOG HIKING COLLAR:
GOTAGS NYLON PERSONALIZED REFLECTIVE DOG COLLAR
This dog collar has a cute design of your dog’s name and contact information in case, is the perfect size for small breeds, and is lightweight with a reflective strip that improves visibility in low-light conditions.
- Personalized safety reflective x-small dog collar
- Your dog’s identification
- Sizes available
4- DOG HIKING BACKPACK FOR DOGS TO WEAR:
KURGO BAXTER DOG BACKPACK
The dog hiking backpack can hold up to 7.5 liters of gear in two saddlebags of the pack. The evenly distributed weight will be more comfortable, as there is a spine support features that offers a nice fit.
The leash hook and handle are useful for the handler, since they can easily release or keep it with them due to their size.
- Hands free pet backpack carrier
- Waterproof bottom and easy cleaning
- Laptop & iPad sleeve
- Breathable mesh
- Lifetime warranty
5- BEST COLLAPSIBLE BOWL:
TRAVEL COLLAPSIBLE SILICONE DOG BOWL
Whenever your dog needs something to drink or snack on while you’re hiking they can use this collapsible dog bowl.
It unfolds quickly, folds back up in seconds, and even has an attached carabineer for easy access so you don’t have to bring it out of your backpack every time your pup is thirsty.
- Portable & convenient
- Safe materials and eco-friendly
- Durable and reusable
- Easy for storage and transportation
6- BEST DOG WATER BOTTLE:
HIGHWAVE AUTODOGMUG PORTABLE DOG WATER BOTTLE & BOWL
No need to worry about hydration when hiking with your dog. A squeeze-bottle design and water bowl top enable owners to give their dogs water on the go and save any water they don’t drink. Simply squeeze, slurp, save and repeat.
- USA American Made
- One handed dog hydration system
7- BEST DOG BOOTIES FOR HIKING:
ULTRA PAWS DURABLE DOG BOOTS
Let your pet have more safety when going on hikes with these durable dog hiking boots. These come with a dual fit and can protect your pup’s paws from many difficult trail conditions.
- Sizes Available
- Great Traction
- Ultra Flexible
- Easy to use
8- BEST DOG FIRST AID KIT FOR HIKING:
ADVENTURE MEDICAL KITS FOR DOGS
Hiking with your dog means that you need to be prepared for anything, so this kit gives you what you need in the event of an emergency or a minor boo-boo.
There are bandages and tick remover forceps, as well as an extra leash and some human first aid essentials.
- Compact bag can be used for pets and their owners
- Contains low adherent dressings, bandages and a tick remover
- Help minimize blood loss and prevent infection before you take your pet to the vet
- Contains 56 individual items
9- BEST COOLING VEST:
KURGO CORE COOLING DOG VEST
Everyone knows it can be tough dealing with the hot weather. For your pooch, the easiest way is to get them a cooling vest. It’s lightweight, flexible and easy to use, simply wet it and put it on.
The color on the fabric is light-reflective while the cooling technology prevents them from overheating.
- Sizes available
- Size adjustment
- Heat reflective
10- BEST DOG POOP BAGS FOR HIKING:
PET N PET COMPOSTABLE DOG POOP BAGS
The goal of any hiker is to leave the environment in pristine condition, throw a roll of these poop bags and you’re ready for anything. Not sure about a compost option in your area? The unscented bags are compostable in a home composter.
- 100% compostable bags made from cornstarch bio-based material
- Contains No polyethylene plastic, which are 100% great.
- The sticker is serrated down the middle no tearing the first bag when you use
- 120 counts poop bags refill rolls
11- BEST DOG TREATS:
DROOLS ABSOLUTE CALCIUM BONE JAR
These tasty treats for your pup will keep their energy up.
- Enriched with optimum calcium and phosphorus ratio
- For stronger teeth and healthy bones
- Premium and delicious bone supplement for dogs
- Ideal for dogs of all breeds, ages, shapes and sizes
- 100% safe and easily digestible
All you need to do next is grab your day pack and plan the next hiking adventure!
If you loved this article, you will also love reading our eBook Dubai Ruff Guide