12 Best Hiking Gear for Dogs
Before you embark on your next outdoor adventure with your dog, you’ll want to keep them safe and comfortable as well as looking their best. This guide provides tips for the best hiking gear for dogs.
There’s no need to wait until this fall or summer – be prepared now!
Best Hiking Gear for Dogs
- Packs and harnesses
- Carriers and bowls
- Paw protection
- Health and safety gear
PACKS AND HARNESSES:
1- RUFFWEAR APPROACH DOG PACK
In contrast to other trail packs, this one has hundreds of reviews because it is comfortable and gets your dog excited to go on a hike.
The loops provide spaces for treats and bowls, as well as a flashlight for visibility in low-light conditions.
- Durable saddle bag-style dog pack, For carrying water, treats, pick-up bags and other essentials, Perfect for all-day or overnight hiking and camping trips, Suitable for border collies, Samoyeds and similar sized breeds
- Comes in different sizes
- Lightweight, water-resistant nylon material, Robust woven straps adapted from mountaineering technology for secure hold, Hand wash with mild detergent and air dry
2- ONETIGRIS TACTICAL SERVICE VEST HARNESS
This lightweight and durable harness is not only water-resistant and comfortable but also available in a wide variety of colors.
It features MOLLE webbing on both sides, which allows you to attach an array of different pouches.
Its adjustable neck and chest straps make it ideal for a secure fit. There are fuzzy fastener panel on all three side in a wide variety of colors.
- Easy and Adjustable
- MOLLE System & Military Style
- Hook and Loop Panels for Attach Morale Patch
- Available in 5 colors & 5 size
CARRIERS AND BOWLS:
3- KURGO KIBBLE CARRIER
Traveling last minute with your pet? Save time and be prepared by packing his food in a convenient and easy to use carrier that is smart.
It can hold up to five pounds of kibble, but has an advanced design that lets you adjust the size for however much or little you plan on carrying.
- Keeps Dog Food Fresh
- Extra Storage Pockets
- Made from Safe Materials
- 5 LB Capacity
4- KURGO RSG YORM DOG TREAT BAG
Your adventure pup won’t mind carrying his own treats in this bag, which can also be attached to a belt or pack with the convenient carabiner clip.
It has an extra pocket that can hold keys, money and other small items, so you won’t need to bring much more on short hiking excursions.
- Perfect for pet training
- Wide mouth opening & drawstring closure
- Zippered pocket for storage
5- COLLAPSIBLE FOOD AND WATER BOWLS
These bowls are ideal for smaller and more compact spaces. The collapsible design can easily be attached to your backpack, making them practical items for hiking or camping.
- 100% platinum-cured food grade
- Robust custom design with no plastic rim
- 100% eco-friendly
- Aircraft grade aluminum carabiner (6061-t6
- Heat & cold resistant
6- RUFFWEAR – KNOT-A-LEASH DOG LEASH
Coiled rope leashes work great while hiking because they are durable, strong and can handle all the wear and tear that would happen with normal use.
These climbing inspired leashes have an interior core and sheath made with a reflective exterior.
- Suitable for all sized breeds. Strong & supple kernmantle rope lead
- Rugged lead for adventure-loving dogs
- Comfortable to hold on long walks thanks to the tubular webbing handle
- Locking metal carabineer clip
- Trail d Promise
7- KURGO QUANTUM HANDS-FREE DOG LEASH
The Kurgo Quantum Leash can be configured in different styles, from a long leash to an over-the-shoulder or around-the-waist one, to a double dog walker.
With a simple carabineer adjustment, the Quantum Leash easily changes its style depending on your activity.
- 6 in 1 use
- Hands free dog belt
- Adjustable & reflective
- Padded handle for comfort
- Lifetime warranty
8- RUFFWEAR GRIP TREX DOG HIKING BOOTS
These hiking boots have rugged rubber soles to ensure a non-slip adventure, while also keeping your dog’s paws safe from the hot ground during warmer weather.
Ideal for outdoor fun like backpacking, hiking, and mountain biking or trail running, which will protect their paw pads from whatever the trail throws at him.
- Set of 2 sturdy all-terrain dog boots
- Protection from rough and rocky terrain, hot asphalt, snow, ice and road salt, Great for sore or wounded paws
- Wide gusset opening for easy on/off
- Rugged Vibram outsole for protection and traction
9- MUSHERS SECRET PAW WAX
This all-natural paw balm soothes and protects your pup’s paws from the elements. Musher’s Secret Paw Wax forms an invisible boot that shields against sand, hot pavement, snow and salt, so your dog can hike in any weather.
- Protects paws from sand, hot pavement, ice and salt with all natural 100-percent wax-based cream
- Perfect for mushing, hunting, walking or before any outdoor activity
- Easy-to-apply formula contains vitamin E to moisturize and help heal wounds and keep paws healthy
HEALTH AND SAFETY GEAR:
10- NITE IZE PETLIT LED COLLAR LIGHT
Keep your pet safe and visible during nighttime hikes and walks with this lightweight, weather-resistant light that easily clips to your dog’s collar or harness.
Choose from a variety of colors and patterns including bright LED illumination.
- Replaceable long life battery
- Twist on/off easily activate the PetLit with a twist
- Fun, colorful designs available
- Secure carabineer clip
11- WONDERCIDE FLEA AND TICK SPRAY
Wondercide is a safe and easy-to-use, flea-and-tick spray designed to give your pet’s coat a nice shine. Before you head out on hikes and outdoor adventures with your pet, take the time to follow this guide for surviving the flea mosquitoes.
- This natural spray is proven to kill by contact, repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae and adults.
- No harsh chemicals
- Safe for dogs & cats
- Works on carpet & furniture
12- PET FIRST AID KIT
We should be ready for any sudden injury that could come from playing around on the trails. The kit is light and contains all of the necessary aid ingredients in one container.
- First aid kit for dogs, cats, rabbits and other household pets
- Compact bag can be used for pets and their owners
- Contains low adherent dressings, bandages and a tick remover
- Help minimize blood loss and prevent infection before you take your pet to the vet
- Contains 56 individual items
If you loved this article, you will also love reading our eBook Dubai Ruff Guide