You Can Win a Reading Session for Your School
Would you like to have doggies visit your school and get a reading session with them?
Reading Dogs UAE is running a competition, wherein you could get a chance to have calm and furry doggies visit your child’s school.
Reading to a dog helps children relax into reading, open up, try harder and have fun reading.
Benefits of Reading with Dogs:
- Children enjoy the programme and think it’s fun. They look forward to coming to the library because they feel the dog is waiting for them.
- Children feel comfortable reading to dogs because dogs don’t judge them if they mispronounce a word.
- Petting dogs can help with motor skills and is known to be a calming factor as it can reduce stress, blood pressure and anxiety
- Children often feel safe when sitting with a dog from the programme
- Reading to dogs can boost the confidence of struggling readers and gives them an increased sense of pride
- A child can feel like a leader by reading aloud and pretending (s)he is the teacher
They have specially chosen, child-friendly, extremely calm dogs who are the perfect reading companions. They don’t judge or correct, they allow children to read at their own pace and they’ve proven to be a calming influence on a class.
Don’t forget to join their competition by following the steps on this post:
You can also reach out to them and find out more details on their website if you’d like to book a session for your kids.
For more furry destinations, latest blogs, events, and providers you can stay updated by signing up for our newsletter or by visiting our website!