How to Include Your Dog or Cat in Your Wedding
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. It’s a day to celebrate your love and commitment with your partner, and to start your journey together as a married couple. But it’s also a day to include all of the people and things that are important to you – including your furry friends!
There are lots of ways to include your dog or cat in your wedding, whether they’re part of the ceremony, the reception, or both. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Have a pet-friendly wedding venue
If you’re a pet parent, it’s only natural that you want to include your furry friend in your wedding day. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to do just that. One option is to choose a pet-friendly wedding venue. That way, your dog or cat can be by your side throughout the entire event.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re considering a pet-friendly venue:
- Make sure the venue is actually pet-friendly. Some venues may allow pets on their premises, but not necessarily in the actual event space. Be sure to ask about this ahead of time so there are no surprises on your big day.
- Consider what type of accommodations the venue has for pets. If they don’t have any special facilities, you may need to make arrangements in advance for things like food and water bowls, bedding, and waste bags.
- Think about how your pet will handle being around so many people. If they’re not used to being around large groups of people, it might be best to leave them at home (or with a trusted friend or family member) on your big day.
- Be sure to factor in any additional costs associated with having a pet-friendly wedding venue. Some venues may charge a small fee for pets, while others may require you to purchase insurance in case of damages or accidents.
The Wedding Ceremony Itself
There are a number of ways to include your dog or cat in your wedding. The most popular way is to have them be a part of the ceremony itself by
- Having them walk down the aisle with you, or by having them stand next to you during the vows
- Carry the rings, or to have them serve as the best man or maid of honor.
- Whichever way you choose to include your pet in the ceremony, it is sure to add an extra bit of love and personality to your big day!
Few things to keep in mind if you’re considering having your pet walk you down the aisle:
- Make sure your pet is comfortable with being around large groups of people. If they’re not used to it, they may get overwhelmed and stressed out on your big day.
- Practice walking down the aisle with your pet ahead of time so they know what to expect on the big day.
- Keep your pet on a leash or in a carrier during the ceremony so they don’t wander off or get too excited.
Including your Dog or Cat in the Reception
You can also include your dog or cat in the reception by having them sit or lie down next to you during dinner or dancing. You can also speak with your veterinarian about what might be best for your pet and how to keep them calm during the event.
Ask a trusted friend or family member to help watch over your pet during the reception so you can enjoy yourself without worry. They’ll love being around all the excitement and will make for some cute candid shots.
Include your Pets in your Wedding Photos
Make memories last. Here are some ways to include your pets in your wedding photos:
- Include them in the engagement photos. This is a great way to show off your pets and announce your engagement at the same time.
- Have them walk down the aisle with you or your wedding party. This is a cute way to incorporate your pets into the ceremony.
- Take photos with them during the reception. Whether you’re posed with them or candidly playing with them, these will be cherished memories.
- Give them a role in the send-off. Have them wear something special or carry a sign that says “Just Married.”
- Use props that reflect their personality. If you have a dog who loves to play fetch, use a tennis ball as part of your wedding decor. Or, if you have a cat who loves to cuddle, use a blanket or toy as part of your photo session.
Pets are part of the family, so why not include them in your wedding photos? With these tips, you can capture memories that will last a lifetime – for both you and your furry friends!
There are so many ways to include your dog or cat in your wedding day. Whether you have them walk down the aisle with you, include them in your vows, or simply let them be a part of the festivities, including your furry friend in your big day is a great way to show just how much they mean to you.
We hope that our tips have inspired you to find a way to include your pet in your wedding and make the day even more special.
Read our eBook Dubai Ruff Guide